Having a master’s degree in literature (circa the 1990’s), I
focused upon--you guessed it-- postmodern literary criticism in my thesis entitled,
“The Role of Mannerism in the Periodization of Thomas Otway’s Restoration
Tragedy, Venice Preserv’d” (or as my
husband so lovingly referred to it, “Preserving the Manners of Thomas While in
Venice”).
What I discovered in my research for my literature review
topic--aside from realizing that you cannot take the critical thinking out of
the girl—was that there is only one other person who comes close to my topic by incorporating concepts of Library 2.0 into the Foucauldian mix of investigations of
library and information science: Elena S. Smith from San Jose State University,
whose email just happens to be “knit 1_purl2.”
High five, Ms. Smith! We have three things in common: Foucault, library science, and knitting.(although I am not much of a knitter these days!)
...but whew! What a lot of
research only to write what has become one of those “towards” papers!